Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Diving in the Graveyard of the Atlantic

Needless to say for those that know me well I have been really busy lately. I have not been a good blogger and I am going to do my best to make sure that I blog my diving adventures and anything else that I think you may be interested in. Want me to write about something specific? Just let me know and I will do my best to oblige.

This past Memorial Day Weekend I had an opportunity to dive with some very cool people, meet others that I had not known well before and really enjoyed the company of some good friends. The diving in Morehead at its worst is still some of the best in the world and I really enjoyed the bottom time of this trip.

The weather was fantastic on shore but offshore the waves were big and frequent. Our first day hiatus to the U352 turned out to be a rough ride out to the SPAR which had many people looking green around the gills and ready to hit the water for some calmer times. The vis was a little less spectacular than last year but it allowed for some good explorations and good navigations. It also allowed my new PADI Deep Divers an opportunity to dive a little deeper than they had been on their previous dives. The underwater life never ceases to amaze me.

The second dive of the first day turned out to be more incredible than I could have hoped for. The dive on the INDRA was a shell collectors dream. Next year I think it will be my primary mission on that dive. There were hundreds of cool collectables just below the sand.


Day two was inshore to spare us the tossing and rolling... the weather never cooperated the whole weekend. We did a dive on the INDRA and this time Jill and I took along bigger Goodie Bags. The second dive was on the Titan and many divers saw sharks and other fish that made the shallower dive more fun than hoped for.
I hope the people who joined us for this year make another attempt next year. I would love to be able to show them the U352 and the sharks of the PAPOOSE. Memorial Day weekend in 2010 if you are interested... I know thats where I will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment